Tomorrow, April 21, the Minnesota House will hold a vote on pro-gun amendments to the House Public Safety Omnibus Bill. It is important that you contact your State Representative and ask them to support the below proposed amendments:
- Implements Constitutional Carry, allowing any law-abiding adult who is legally eligible to obtain a carry permit, to carry a handgun without first having to obtain government permission.
- Allows permit holders to submit and sign their carry permit renewals electronically.
- Allows individuals to submit an application for a carry permit electronically or by U.S. Mail.
- Changes Minnesota’s carry permit application to conform with federal rules.
- Adds Stand Your Ground to Minnesota’s self-defense laws. Law-abiding individuals should not be required to retreat before being able to effectively defend themselves.
- Creates a lifetime permit for concealed carry in Minnesota.
- Adds gun ranges to the list of businesses that are protected under Minnesota’s Emergency Powers Law.
Again, please contact your State Representative and ask them to SUPPORT the above amendments to the House Public Safety Omnibus Bill.